“What’s My Why?”
I have written so much; I might be an electronic hoarder. I couldn’t stand the thought of my children and or husband not knowing what to do with all the stuff I have written when I am no longer here.
These stories were all inspired by someone I met in my travels or have known maybe for a lifetime.
Some are my life experiences begging God for help and the blessings I received. The message of H.O.P.E. I received, which changed my perception of the word Hope.
One of the most painful things I see is the belief that the Lord sets a high bar before you can have a relationship with the Lord and achieve the many blessings we have been promised.
I don’t care who you are, what you have done, I am here to tell you the Lord hears your prayers, and you don’t need to wait until another human being tells you, you are without sin, to be blessed.
- I know, I’ve been told my prayers would never go higher than the ceiling, and they have.
- How does this perception impact our lives?
- Our successes?
- Our personal and professional growth?
- How does this hold us back?
- Limit our possibilities?
The message I get is Loud & Clear, Pray.
Pray as many times a day as you need to; the Lord hears your prayers. Pray Unceasingly.
- Pay close attention to what is happening around you, journal or document your experiences, so that in your bad days, you can remember your blessings and see personal growth.
How do you know where you are going if you don’t know where you’ve been?
Often, we cannot see our blessings, and they are right in front of us. So journaling, writing, whatever you want to call it will give you a lot of great reading in those down days.
Don’t wallow in the past; does the flower look at the ground and beg to go backward? Or does the flower look at the sun and lean toward to sun?
Social Media is a rough place for many people. So stay off of it, unfollow or join positive groups; they exist. And if you can’t find one that fits, create it; it is FREE!
In the last year, I have heard an inner voice saying, “Ann, it’s not about you.” Ok, I get it.
So, while I have your attention, let me get something straight, this is not a website for me to tell you how great I think I am, and yes, I do write about faith and God, don’t get confused thinking I think I have some significant connection, I don’t.
I am flawed, and writing down my journey is what has helped me in my personal and professional life. I love my flaws, and it is in spite of our flaws that we grow.
Periodically, I go back to my own stories to remind me of the beautiful experiences in my life. I have learned that writing your own story is very motivating, especially for you and your personal growth.
Pray and increase your faith, and as I like to say, “Run while you pray”
Start writing; whether you do it with a pen and paper or on a computer, just let it go. You will be amazed at what you create.
Listen carefully to the still small voice.
Now, What’s Your Why?
Writing Prompts – Create your personal growth
- Write how you overcame negativity
- Write about how you are staying positive
- What you had to eliminate in your life to move forward
- In my life, I have always enjoyed watching people grow.
- Who did you help grow?
- Who helped you grow?
You will notice a lot of my stories have a song linked to them.
- Inspiration comes from a memory, a song, a scent
- A drive through your old neighbor
- A visit with an old friend
- The people you’ve met along the way
For the last 30+ years, I have had this “fight song” I won’t back down by Tom Petty.
- Pick your theme song, your fight song, your song of inspiration
- You choose what to fill your mind and your heart
- What does it feel like to put yourself back to the age of 10?
- What are the scents that help you to recall beautiful times in your life?
- How did you turn a bad situation in a good situation?
- What songs have meaning to you?
- What is your first memory of your favorite relative?
- What are the funny sayings they shared with you?
Listen carefully to the still, small voice.
Now, What’s Your Why?